Respiratory Protection Program
Supervisors, Managers, and Faculty
Supervisors, managers, and faculty are responsible for ensuring that the respiratory
protection program is implemented in their particular areas. In addition to being
knowledgeable about the program requirements for their own protection, they must
also ensure that the program is understood and followed by those under their charge.
Duties of the supervisors, managers, and faculty include:
- Ensuring that employees under their supervision have received appropriate
training, fit testing, and annual medical evaluation.
- Ensuring the availability of appropriate respirators and accessories.
- Being aware of tasks requiring the use of respiratory protection.
- Enforcing the proper use of respiratory protection when necessary.
- Ensuring that respirators are properly cleaned, maintained, and stored according
the respiratory protection plan.
- Ensuring that respirators fit well and do not cause discomfort.
- Continually monitoring work areas and operations to identify respiratory
- Coordination with the Program Administrator on how to address respiratory
hazards or other concerns regarding the program.