2. Testing/Positioning of Machines/Equipment/Components
In situations in which lockout devices must be removed from the energy isolating
device and the machine or equipment energized to test or position the machine,
equipment or component, the following sequence of actions shall be followed:
- Clear the machine or equipment of tools and materials.
- Remove employees from the machine or equipment area.
- Notify affected employees that the lockout devices are going to be removed.
- Each authorized employee who applied a safety lock will remove their own
- Notify affected employees that the safety locks have been removed and that
the machine or equipment is going to be energized.
- Energize and test the equipment.
- De-energize all systems and reapply energy control measures in accordance
with established procedures.